Re: Replacement for Abiword: LyX? Openoffice?

* On 03-10-21, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 02:10:01AM -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:
> > Have anybody take a look to gedit? it seems pretty good for basical text
> > editing and not so much 'sophisticated' as LyX. I think it could be a
> > good replacement, also taking in count what someone said about learning progresion.
>
> Because it is a GNOME app, it fails the same criteria of "no massively huge
> dependencies" that the KDE app kword does.

Well, along those same lines isn't there nEdit?

Granted... I've always liked Abiword, and ain't too certain that a simple
editor is exactly the replacement we'd want.

(BTW, anyone wanna buy a grosse of canned peaches? I hear there's some
really good deals floating around on them ;-)

--
Sam Hart
University/Work addr. <hart@physics.arizona.edu>