Re: Replacement for Abiword: LyX? Openoffice?

Well, thanks for the replies.  I'll probably give OO.o
another chance, some time in the near future.

FWIW, I use Lyx for most of my own word-processing needs,
and AbiWord for the things it doesn't do well.  If I want
real control over layout, I go to a vector graphics program
like Sketch (I've gotten quite good at using Sketch with
the TeX plugins, so I can make it do what I need -- but I
suspect there are some programs that do text layout better).

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Terry