Re: Replacement for Abiword: LyX? Openoffice?

Ben Armstrong wrote:

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 02:10:01AM -0500, Rudy Godoy wrote:
Have anybody take a look to gedit? it seems pretty good for basical text
editing and not so much 'sophisticated' as LyX. I think it could be a
good replacement, also taking in count what someone said about learning progresion.

Because it is a GNOME app, it fails the same criteria of "no massively huge dependencies" that the KDE app kword does.

What is your reaction to texmacs instead of Lyx? I am more happy with texmacs than Lyx.

Nagarjuna