Re: Replacement for Abiword: LyX? Openoffice?

On 05/10/2003 at 12:34 Ben Armstrong wrote...

> Abiword has been removed from testing.  This keeps junior-writing out of
> sarge because of its dependency on abiword.  I will have to remove abiword
> from junior-writing, but I would like to replace it with another WYSIWYG
> word processor.
>
> Should I replace abiword with LyX?  This will considerably increase the size
> of Debian Jr. because to be truly useful, I believe I also need to include
> tetex, which is massive.  Furthermore, there is the question of whether LyX
> is truly a word processor that children can use.

Have anybody take a look to gedit? it seems pretty good for basical text
editing and not so much 'sophisticated' as LyX. I think it could be a
good replacement, also taking in count what someone said about learning progresion.

-Rudy

  | Somos libres, seamoslo con software libre      * http://debian.org |
  | http://www.apesol.org.pe         -*-         http://stone-head.org |
  | GPG FP: 0D12 8537 607E 2DF5 4EFB  35A7 550F 1A00 3433 BD21         |