Re: libsdl1.2 packages (fwd)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Timothy Musson wrote:

> That sounds good to me. I'll try to get some feedback from the Gnome
> folks to see exactly what the hold up is (maybe lost interest or
> maybe too busy with Gnome2.0 - the latter, I hope!) and decide how
> to proceed from there...
Good luck.

> Okay, so it's an excuse! Actually, I'd be neat to maintain my own
> packages (any why not others, once I'm used to it) - and I do have the
> time to spare. So, yes - if there's room in the world for another
> maintainer, I should do something about it :)
I like upstream author == Debian maintainer.  This guarants best
quality, up to date packages.

Moreover we obviousely need maintainers for Debian Jr.

> That goes to show that I have things to learn. (I do need to do
> something about this old computer though - 4Gb hard drive, close to
> full, and I doubt the motherboard cope cope with anything larger).
I'm in the proces of buying a new box as well :).

> Thanks very much for your help, Andreas, even if I was off topic -
> you've given me some things to think about. I appreciate it.
It might not be as off topic as you might think ...

> Argh! Sorry - this thread is the first time I've posted to a mailing
> list and I mucked it up. I think this post should be okay...
For sure and does not matter.  There are several people who behave
like you and do not claim to do things the first time ;-).

Kind regards

         Andreas.