Re: Review of WNPP for things to package/being packaged

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> So, here is a summary of what looks good, just from the
> descriptions.
Thanks, Ben, for your efforts.

> #107710 Atris: A tetris like game, 123 days in preparation.
> #107703 Atris: A tetris like game, 123 days in preparation.
> #117512 cuyo: Tetris-like game with many suprises, 39 days in
>         preparation.
> #120070 cuyo: Tetris-like game with very impressive effects, 19 days in
>         preparation.
> #99793 tetris-queen: A Tetris-like game, 187 days in preparation.
>
> #122839 tetris: a clone of the original tetris, in preparation since
>         today.
Someone might perhaps work out an overview over all the tetris clones.
I do not like 10+ programs doing more or less the same job and let
users sort out which might be the best.

> #101124 light: Lightweight gecko-based web browser, 174 days in
>         preparation.
Hmmm, I really learned to loeve Galeon.  It comes translated (at least for
the German language and does not require extra tranlation packages like
mozilla) and is *very* nice.  So do we need another gecko-based browser?

> #108284 tempest: a program that uses your computer monitor to send out
>         AM radio signals, 119 days in preparation.
Huh, why should my son do such things???

> #91883 xscrabble: X version of the popular board game, for 1 to 4
>        players, 255 days in preparation.
Nice!

> p.s. I just packaged xletters, which I will add to junior-typing.
Thanks Ben.

> p.p.s. Beyond the WNPP, I'm sure there's still plenty of stuff
>        at the linuxforkids site: http://www.linuxforkids.com/
>        if someone would like to do a review of these and
>        submit either RFPs or ITPs for them and/or summarize
>        them here like I have done for the current RFP list.
I might add that I did not stopped my ClanLib based car racing
games initiative (Trophy, Race).  Volunteers to step in are welcome
of course.

Kind regards

        Andreas.