Re: junior-programming

On 15 May 2001 10:36:31 +0200, Vladimir Tamara <vladimir@tamarapatino.com> wrote:

>     Ben> junior-programming 1.0 is now in incoming and at
>     Ben> http://people.debian.org/~synrg/task-junior/
>
>     Ben> Try it out please and let me know if it needs anything.
>
> It worked very well in my Debian 2.2.
>
> I think the description of the package is good as well as the selected
> tools.  I  only have  one question, is  yabasic more  appropriate than
> bwbasic (both have packages in Debian 2.2) ?
>
> I tried  both, bwBasic is  an interpreter, shell and  editor.  Yabasic
> just receives a file written in basic and interpret it.

I'd use bwBasic then, because that could make the kids program easily.
Although, there is a side effect - they might grow up accostumed to IDEs,
so it would be better to teach them vim/emacs from the beginning :-)

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _  carlos.debian.net   Debian-BR Project
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_| uin#: 981913 (icq)  debian-br.sf.net

Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - Registered Linux User #103594
There is no sin but ignorance.   -- Christopher Marlowe