Fw: Re: junior-programming

On 15 May 2001 10:36:31 +0200
Vladimir Tamara <vladimir@tamarapatino.com> wrote:

Vladimir> >>>>> "Ben" == Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> writes:
Vladimir>
Vladimir>     Ben> junior-programming 1.0 is now in incoming and at
Vladimir>     Ben> http://people.debian.org/~synrg/task-junior/
Vladimir>
Vladimir>     Ben> Try it out please and let me know if it needs anything.
Vladimir>
Vladimir> It worked very well in my Debian 2.2.
Vladimir>
Vladimir> I think the description of the package is good as well as the selected
Vladimir> tools.  I  only have  one question, is  yabasic more  appropriate than
Vladimir> bwbasic (both have packages in Debian 2.2) ?
Vladimir>
Vladimir> I tried  both, bwBasic is  an interpreter, shell and  editor.  Yabasic
Vladimir> just receives a file written in basic and interpret it.

In this case it makes sense to include bwBasic aswell.
I think Yabasic has more capability than bwBasic but the last one may be
more easy to start with.
What we may need for Yabasic is a basic mode for Emacs, however there is no
such mode in Debian. I've search for such mode in the internet and find that:

Visual-Basic mode
http://ftp.ru.xemacs.org/pub/emacs/xemacs/Attic/patches/visual-basic-mode-20000313/

There is a basic-mode somewhere but this is a visual-basic-mode aswell.
(http://ftp.ru.xemacs.org/pub/emacs/emacs-lisp-attic/emacs-lisp/modes/)

Hilaire