Re: junior-programming

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 07:12:42PM +0800, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Ben> > I tried  both, bwBasic is  an interpreter, shell and  editor.  Yabasic
> Ben> > just receives a file written in basic and interpret it.
> Ben>
> Ben> I'm not attached to one or the other, so unless someone can furnish a
> Ben> good reason why Yabasic should be used instead of bwBasic, I will change
> Ben> to bwbasic.
>
> Are they conflicting? If not why not including both?

Just avoidance of bloat.  Also I would need a good argument for including
both (i.e. tell me what one has that the other doesn't, and I'll consider
it).  Another way of handling this would be to do:

	Depends: bwbasic | yabasic

This shows our preference for one (bwbasic) and installs it by default
unless told otherwise.  It also means task-programming will not be removed
if bwbasic is removed and yabasic is installed in its stead.

Ben