Re: LaTeX (Was: Re: A teen's point of view)

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 12:56:02PM -0600, Pat Mahoney wrote:
> I too am a teenager.  I remember many late nights trying to learn/find
> a wordprocessor to type my papers with :-P Just last night, while
> (foolishly) using kword for and important paper, I lost my finishing
> touches and had to redo them (it crashed mid spell-check).  I wish my
> freshman high school "computer course" (Microsoft Works) had taught me
> how to use LaTeX...

You could try to start with LyX, that can serve as a gentle introduction
to LaTeX.  It should teach you something about LaTeX document classes
and document structure, environment and so on.  Later you can start
including latex commands directly, and finally get rid of the frontend
and write in LaTeX pure :-)

--
Jan Hlavacek                                            (219) 434-7566
Department of Mathematics                             Jhlavacek@sf.edu