Re: PR, artwork

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 03:29:52PM +0000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> We haven't yet talked about public relations.  Ideas anyone?
>
> It would be nice if we could find someone with some talent to do artwork,
> both for the web site and for the desktop.

I've been (well, I just started :) messing around with a primary color
(red blue yellow) theme with larger fonts for windowmaker.  When I
finish cleaning it up I'll post it online.  Maybe I'll make a gtk and
sawfish theme too.  I'm no child psychiatrist, but I know most toys for
young children use primary colors (green is often thrown in too).  I
also know that yellow is the most easily distinguishable color or
something like that.

> Just as we have a "Debian" theme for windowmaker et al, we could have a
> "Debian Jr." theme.  Just a bit of flashiness to give the project more of
> a sense of identity.  The web site could make use of elements from the
> theme to make it a bit more distinctive.

Of course, if a primary color theme is used, the Debian-Jr website
wouldn't match the regular Debian site (not that the Debian theme
matches the website).  Or maybe that's the idea...

I'd also be willing to coordinate a Debian-Jr logo contest.  I'd accept
emails of images (or url's whatever, or even general ideas; I used to
have some artistic talent...) and post them to my website.  Then after
we have several we can decide on our favorite one.

I'm thinking (along with Ben) of some sort of modified Debian swirl.  I
think we should definitely not make it os specific (i.e. no linux
penguins :(  ), but I guess that could be decided when we actually have
stuff to look at.

Don't send images yet.  If there is interest in doing such a thing, I
will put instructions on my webpage and post the url.

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."
                -- Albert Einstein