Re: help with plugin versions and maven-debian-helper

Hi,

 Sorry for jumping into the discussion, but it looks like maven-helper deploys
 jar files slightly incorrectly. It places <package>.jar in /usr/share/java and
 then creates a symlink <package>-<version>.jar to it, rather than place
 submit a patch for that?

Best Regards,
 Vladimir.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 11:07 AM Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
Le 2023-02-09 19:39, Joe Nahmias a écrit :

> Thanks for all your help. I think I managed to figure this out finally.
> I've put my repo on salsa here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/jackson-modules-java8
>
> Anyone care to do a(n in-depth) review before I upload?

Great! Here is my review:

- Don't build the -java-doc package, that's useless
- The Maven wrapper should be removed (mwn* and .mvn/wrapper/*)
- I'd use the default gbp branch layout (master/upstream/pristine-tar)
   instead of the DEP 14 layout (debian/latest). Most Java packages
   follow the gbp layout and it's important all packages remain
consistent.
- Drop the +ds suffix
- debian/changelog doesn't close an ITP bug
- Why declaring a Provides field on virtual packages? That's unusual

The content of the binary package is perfect. Nice trick in
debian/control
to reuse the same description, I didn't know that was possible.

Emmanuel Bourg