Re: help with plugin versions and maven-debian-helper

On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 08:51:48AM +0100, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 2023-02-08 05:47, Joe Nahmias a écrit :
>
> > [ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Error resolving version for
> > plugin 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin' from the repositories
> > [local (/usr/share/maven-repo), central
> > (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)]: Plugin not found in any
> > plugin repository @
> >
> > Is this a bug in libjackson2-core-java (which provides oss-parent) for
> > stripping the version tags in the plugin section (they are present
> > upstream and in the source) or am I misusing mh_make and/or
> > maven-debian-helper in some non-obvious (to me) way?
>
> Hi Joe,

Hi Emmanuel,

> You can try changing the packaging type from bundle to jar, or ignore
> the parent pom, just to get the initial run of mh_make to complete
> without error.

Alright, I've tried removing the parent sections from the root pom.xml.
Then, in the pom.xml within the module subdirs, I:

  * removed the <parent> reference to the rootdir pom
  * changed the packaging from bundle to jar
  * added missing <version> and <groupId> tags

When I then run mh_make, I receive:

[ERROR] Error resolving version for plugin 'com.google.code.maven-replacer-plugin:replacer' from the repositories [local (/usr/share/maven-repo), central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)]: Plugin not found in any plugin repository -> [Help 1]

>From the comments in the pom.xml, it seems this is used to generate the
PackageVersion.java. Feels a bit wrong to rip this out too, but maybe it's
just necessary to get mh_make to complete and then I can put all these
things back for build. Is that the path I should be taking? Is this
normal?

It would be nice if there were a newer tutorial on using m-d-h using recent
versions.

> Emmanuel Bourg
--Joe