Re: Upgrading freehep to latest upstream (needed by cdk and probably others)

Hello,

On 2020-04-21 10:40, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> So I have no problems in removing GeoGebra to allow FreeHEP to be
> updated (maybe it turns out that GeoGebra also works with FreeHEP's new
> version, but I believe it is unlikely), but then at the same time I give
> up as FreeHEP maintainer, because I would have no interest any more in
> it. I don't know what other rev deps of current FreeHEP need, though.

GeoGebra fails to build with FreeHEP v2.4 due to missing
EMFPlusGraphics2D class. After patching it out, I ran into other
incompatibilities – GeoGebra seems to require patching FreeHEP source,
and that is not nice.

Apart from GeoGebra, scilab and sweethome3d are the only source packages
depending on FreeHEP. I have not yet tested building them with FreeHEP
v2.4, but will do that. If that succeeds, maybe GeoGebra could be indeed
removed to make way for new FreeHEP.

Best wishes,
Andrius