Re: List of consultants focusing on Debian packaging for Java?

Am Montag, den 07.12.2020, 15:33 +0100 schrieb Thorsten Glaser:
> On Mon, 7 Dec 2020, Markus Koschany wrote:
>
> > Ideally the Butterfly source code is included in src:openrefine and Maven
> > would
> > do the rest.
>
> Does maven-debian-helper handle multi-module projects (where some of
> the modules depend on some of the other modules to be built as part
> of the project) nowadays? That was the biggest problem, back when I
> tried to package something…

I don't think it does. Last time I stumbled upon this problem I had to patch
the pom.xml and use the scope=system approach.

	<dependency>
            <groupId>foo</groupId>
            <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <scope>system</scope>
            <systemPath>../../some.jar</systemPath>
        </dependency>

This works but is not really the solution we want. I believe the main issue
here is that Maven should run "mvn install" and then look for jars in the local
repository when it builds the next module. The Maven reactor should
automatically detect the newly installed jar file and use it for the next
module. [1] However the local repository for Debian is /usr/share/maven-repo,
so it doesn't work as intended. If we want to use an extra repository like
~/.m2 we also need to come up with a solution to use a different directory than
$HOME because that points to /nonexistent on the buildd.

[1] https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-multiple-modules.html