Re: List of consultants focusing on Debian packaging for Java?

Le 06/12/2020 à 21:46, Antonin Delpeuch (lists) a écrit :

> Ok! I would personally love to be able to get involved, but I think it
> is pretty clear that it would be pretty risky to start such a big
> packaging project on my own with no prior experience. So I'll definitely
> follow up offlist.

Hi Antonin,

Did you consider building a .deb package with jdeb [1] ? It's an
alternative that involves much less work than uploading to the Debian
repository. For a complex and very specialized software like OpenRefine
that might be more suitable. This list can still give some guidance on
how to structure the package and ensure it plays well with the Java
ecosystem in Debian.

Emmanuel Bourg

[1] https://github.com/tcurdt/jdeb