Re: RFS : libcharts4j-java

Hi Emmanuel,

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 11:36:08PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> On 25/07/2020 08:39, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>
> >> Could someone please review and sponsor it when time permits?
> >
> > Hi Pierre, I'll take care of it.
>
> The package has been uploaded and is now in the NEW queue.

Thanks a lot for sponsoring.  That package is a precondition for some
long wanted Debian Med package.

> Technically the package was good, I just made a few minor changes:
> - I've removed the -doc package, it's rarely used and javadoc is a
> recurrent source of troubles on JDK upgrades.
> - I've removed the +dfsg suffix, I have a personal preference for
> "clean" version numbers, and the removal of the junit jar from the
> upstream source isn't significant enough to justify using this prefix in
> my opinion.

I admit I personally think that having some suffix (alternatively for
+dfsg the suffix +ds is used for "Debian source) is very informative
when deriving from the original upstream download tarball.  There is
also a lintian warning (or info?) issued if Files-Excluded is used but
the change is not "advertised" in a version suffix.  I agree here with
lintian due to my personal preference.

> - I've renamed the source package from libcharts4j to charts4j

Could you please remove the now unused Git repository in Salsa to avoid
confusion?

> - The dependency on javahelper wasn't necessary
> - The dependency on the maven-compiler-plugin is implicit when using
> maven-debian-helper

I'm also always thankful for this kind of hints.

Thanks again for all your Java support

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de