Re: Possible Bug in Maven Debian Helper

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:01 AM tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 11:03:37PM -0400, Olek Wojnar wrote:
> > Hi tony,
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 9:48 PM tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
> >

> > > I attempted to reproduce this but the package depends on
> > > libchecker-framework-java and the sources checked into the Salsa repo
> > > [3] don't match what I see uploaded NEW [4].  Do you mind pushing the
> > > branch you used for the upload?
<snip>

> So we're definitely in the maven-repo-helper code, entering via [1] and
> stuck in [2].  Specifically, my guess is that we're looping in [3].
>
> However, I haven't found a fix yet.  I'm still picking through the pom files
> in the patch to see if I can figure out why we're getting stuck.  It
> seems like the code expands the pom, it refers to itself (or otherwise
> creates a cycle).

That is happening because all the poms are trying to find
"${project.version}".  I think project.version will be 0.5.1, so just
replace all "<version>${project.version}</version>" with
"<version>0.5.1</version>" and you will not get the circular loop
anymore. I didnot get the time to check why it fails to build after
that.

--
Regards
Sudip