Re: Maven packages in Debian (was Re: Progress in preparing the Bazel Build System for Debian (COVID-19 Biohackathon follow-up))

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 4:09 AM Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
Le 23/05/2020 à 21:10, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :

> Ouch, 33M… methinks this is more suited as a web application.
> Not all that easy… due to sheer size, at least.

+1, an online search engine similar to codesearch.debian.net would be
awesome (and more useful than a package I think).

In the same vein, I dream of a search.maven.org like web service
restricted to the Maven artifacts in Debian.

So has there been any more progress on this? For the record, I *LOVE* the original page [1] and it is now one of three pinned tabs on my browser. However, the data is getting stale. The expanded version proposed by Sudip would be great but, in the meantime, would it be possible to script a periodic update of the current page?

-Olek

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenPkgs/Unstable