Re: Update for kotlin package

Hi Emmanuel,

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 4:18 AM Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
Thank you very much for working on Kotlin, that's definitely not a small
feat.

The key issue before uploading is to check if it's possible to build
Kotlin without the bootstrap package, i.e. the kotlin package can
rebuild itself. The process is to first build the kotlin package with
the bootstrap binaries, then install the package built, remove the
bootstrap package, adjust the build dependencies and rebuild kotlin.
This rebuilt package is the one you want to upload.

Roger that, I'll try to do the same.

If I remember well, the last time I tried with the package prepared by
Saif Abdul Cassim, it failed badly with several errors unfortunately.

Yes, some errors are fixed after then. While I'm trying to build the package locally
there is an issue for modified binary files, which should be rectified by putting those
binaries file in d/clean. But, I think it doesn't seem to work(maybe I'm lacking something on it).
Can you please take a look at this issue? [1]

As I understand you've managed to reduce the amount of dependencies
required in the bootstrap package, that's great. What is left there that
is still required beside Kotlin itself? I vaguely remember that kotlinx
had to be built, did you package this as well?

There were a couple of dependencies that were lined up for kotlin most importantly
Jline3 and Intellij-community-idea, which got uploaded last week. I still have to
take a fair look for the bootstrap package once.
No, kotlinx is still under the procedure. I have to take a quick look at Saif's Blog if he has
started it, otherwise, I'll give it a try.

Thank you so much for the updates.
Samyak Jain (samyak-jn)

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/android-tools-team/admin/-/issues/13