Re: Prepared update libyaml-snake-java

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 09:01:43PM +0200, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:
> Hello
>
> Am 15.09.19 um 14:05 schrieb Markus Koschany:
> > Simply put, a new upstream version should improve something and not
> > break other packages. Rebuilding reverse-dependencies is a good way to
> > check that or you can rebuild at least some packages that are known to
> > break easily. Just make sure that everything else continues to work and
> > not just your own packages.
>
> This was the reason I put the updaated packages first in an own repo.
>
> I know the problem but I can't ensure the functionality of
> reverse-dependencies. And therefore I ask for help on this list.

Hi Mechtilde,

One way to ensure that all of the reverse build dependencies still build
from your updated package is to `apt install ratt` and then invoke ratt
against the changes file for a local build of the package you are
updating.  ratt will then build all of the reverse dependencies using
sbuild.

There is a very good wiki page on configuring sbuild here:

   https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild

Cheers,
tony