Re: Prepared update libyaml-snake-java

Good morning Markus,

Am 14.09.19 um 22:41 schrieb Markus Koschany:
> Hi,
>
> Am 14.09.19 um 21:44 schrieb Mechtilde Stehmann:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Succesfully I build an update version 1.25.
>>
>> The repo is under
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/mechtilde/snakeyaml
>>
>> you can also find it under
>>
>> https://people.debian.org/~mechtilde/SnakeYaml
>>
>> I hope to get some feedback
>>
>> Kind regards
>

> I think the package looks good. You don't need to append the +ds in this
> case and I suggest to just package it as 1.25.

To not mark a version as a repacked version was the reason, that it
takes much time for me to understand how to do repacking. I couldn't
find examples where I could study it.

Why should it make a differnt to mark if it is a dfsg intended repacking
or regarding other points of the policy (not shipping own libraries?

> I didn't spot any obvious
> regressions while reviewing the debdiff but new versions of snakeyaml
> caused build failures in the past, so I would check if everything is
> alright.

Again I looked deeper into the build log and I find unmet dependencies.
So I will build it again without this entries in the control file.

> You can find reverse-dependencies with
>
> 	 reverse-depends -b libyaml-snake-java
>
> The tool reverse-depends is in ubuntu-dev-tools. There are other options
> like using dak but this one doesn't require any fancy privileges.

This is the first time to look at reverse-dependencies. So what is the
task I have to do?

Should I build all packages of the list to test whether they build
without problems?

> Markus

Kind regards

--