Re: sbt / scala and jdk 6 and 8

Hi,

Am 12.02.19 um 22:45 schrieb Thomas Finneid:
[...]
> Is there a jdk6 version available in Debian? I think I have read
> something about removing jdk-8 from debian, is that correct?
>
> Also, if I understand the Debian/Java Policy correctly, all jvm-based
> packages must depend on default-jre/jdk, which at the moment is
> openJdk-11. Is it not possible to specify a lower version for some
> packages?

We still have OpenJDK 8 in Debian but OpenJDK 11 is our primary JDK/JRE
in Debian 10 "Buster". So for now you can still use OpenJDK 8 to build
software but expect that it will be removed from Debian within the next
months. We don't support older JDKs because they don't receive security
support anymore. Ideally the software can be built with OpenJDK 11. Of
course you can build for another -release target. Java 7 is the oldest
version supported with OpenJDK 11.

Cheers,

Markus