Re: old version of scala

Hi

What I mean is that the scala projects own build process built and tested  scala 2.11 using java 1.6.
Scala 2.12 is built and tested with java 8.

So a Linux system that uses a jdk higher than java 6 for running scala code with scala 2.11, can experience unexpected faults or errors while running a scala program
Likewise with scala 2.12, it is built and tested using java 8.

I haven’t checked the details well enough in debian, but in Ubuntu the default jdk that the scala package depends on is jdk10/11. The scala version it installs is 2.11. So I manually had to install the lowest available version of jdk, which was java 8. But even that is not really compatible with scala 2.11.

Also, scala 2.12 is built with sbt 0.13, even though ant 1.x is available,
Which means it also need the correct sbt version to build scala correctly.

So, I want to help fix these issues for both scala and sbt and upgrade scala to 2.12.

Hope this explained it better.

Regards

Thomas

Sendt fra min iPhone