Re: maven-debian-helper & module inter-dependencies

Am 16.12.2017 um 15:52 schrieb Sebastiaan Couwenberg:
> On 12/16/2017 03:43 PM, Markus Koschany wrote:
>> Am 16.12.2017 um 14:03 schrieb Sebastiaan Couwenberg:
>> [...]
>>> Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I still cannot get the build to work.
>>>
>>> I'm giving up on this package, and request the Debian Java Maintainers
>>> to take over its maintenance since all reverse dependencies are
>>> maintained within the Java team as well.
>>
>> Did you receive my email? I think that would have been the way forward
>> in your case.
>
> I read your mail, as I'm subscribed to this list.
>
> But I don't consider build depending on oneself an acceptable solution.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

Ok, then what would you consider an acceptable solution because I don't
see a better one for libsejda-java? I could also introduce a second
libsejda-java source package and build-depend on that but is this really
better? Also it works is not just some theory.

I would like to point out that it is rather unlikely that someone will
adopt jts. We should either strive to improve our documentation and
tools or reduce the number of packages because the status quo is not
sustainable in the long-run.

Regards,

Markus