Re: maven-debian-helper & module inter-dependencies

On 12/15/2017 02:51 PM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 15/12/2017 à 10:53, Sebastiaan Couwenberg a écrit :
>> How should maven-debian-helper be used in a package that builds modules
>> which depend on other jars in the project?
>>
>> The case in question is JTS 1.15 [0] which builds, among others,
>> jts-core.jar which is required by the jts-io module. While building the
>> latter the jts-core that was built earlier in the process cannot be
>> found (see attached build log).
>>
>> Should it be sufficient to have the correct maven.rules to have other
>> artefacts of the project be usable in the build? Or is a local
>> repository perhaps required to make these available later in the build?
>
> Usually it just works, but there are some corner cases. We have several
> multi modules projects already packaged that you can use as examples
> (maven, javamail, activemq, jetty9, antlr4, wagon...). Sometimes when
> the packaging type is 'bundle' instead of 'jar' it's necessary to either
> patch the pom dependencies and specify explicitly the 'bundle' type, or
> patch the poms and change the type to 'jar'. Also some builds expect the
> artifacts of the other modules to be installed in the local repository
> (because they do obscure manipulations like injecting source files from
> another module into the current one), so in this case you have to
> override dh_auto_build and call the Maven 'install' phase (instead of
> 'package' by default).

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I still cannot get the build to work.

I'm giving up on this package, and request the Debian Java Maintainers
to take over its maintenance since all reverse dependencies are
maintained within the Java team as well.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1