Re: javadocs links with maven-debian-helper

On 31 August 2017 at 17:15, Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:
> Am 31.08.2017 um 18:03 schrieb Carnë Draug:
> [...]
>> How do I set the path for the javadocs of other java libraries when
>> using maven-debian-helper?
>
> I believe maven-debian-helper requires that you build-depend on related
> -doc packages and in one of the final steps it tries to resolve those
> cross-references.
>
> But without them you will end up with something like that for
> libmetadata-extractor-java-doc.
>
> Analysing pom.xml...
> Checking dependencies for documentation packages...
>> dpkg --search /usr/share/doc/libxmpcore-java/api/index.html
> dpkg failed to execute successfully
> Offline mode. Give up looking for package containing
> /usr/share/doc/libxmpcore-java/api/index.html

I do have all the docs dependencies listed as Build-Depends-Indep.  I
have tried to move them to Build-Depends but the issue remains.  The
build log does find them:

  Analysing pom.xml...
  Checking dependencies for documentation packages...
  > dpkg --search /usr/share/doc/libcommons-math3-java/api/index.html
  Found libcommons-math3-java-doc
      bash -c "rm -f target/apidocs/*.sh target/apidocs/options"

If this step is what should find the right javadoc links, it seems
like it's not searching for the javadoc links for default-jdk-doc.
The links to String are still to docs.oracle.com.

On 31 August 2017 at 17:25, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 31/08/2017 à 18:03, Carnë Draug a écrit :
>
>> How do I set the path for the javadocs of other java libraries when
>> using maven-debian-helper?
>
> Good question, I'm not even sure this is supported, which is interesting
> because the *-java-doc package resolution occurring at the end of the
> build takes a lot of time for basically no benefit since the
> documentation isn't linked :D

When building upstream directly with maven, this works fine:

  mvn -Dlinks=/usr/share/doc/default-jdk-doc/api package

However, setting links on maven.properties file has no effect.  Do you
have any idea why?

Thank you
Carnë