Re: Notes from the DebConf 17 Java BOF

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:10:01AM +0200, Frederic Bonnard wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 14:41:44 -0700, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 10:01:26AM +0200, Frederic Bonnard wrote:
> > >
> > > and waiting for scala-tools-sbinary.
> >
> > I can have a look at scala-tools-sbinary.  I have gone ahead and
> > uploaded sbt to unstable [1] because I wanted to incorporate Chris
> > Lamb's reproducible builds patch.
>
> wow, thanks a lot Tony for both actions (I think I missed that
> reproducibility bug notification at some point :-° )
>
> Well, I actually didn't know if somebody was having a look at
> scala-tools-sbinary at the moment or not, given that d/copyright may be
> huge and can take some time.
>
> If you have spare time for this, I'd be glad you help, but nothing
> urgent on my side.

Hello Frederic,

I'm still making my way through the packaging, but it looks fine so far.
It does feel very odd to upload source packages with those large
bootstrap dependency tarballs when some of the dependencies are already
in the archive. Can you remind me of what the plan is once everything
hits experimental/unstable?  I vaguely recall it being discussed, so a
pointer is fine.  I just want to understand what comes next.

Thank you,
tony