Re: adding a pom.xml to package that does not use maven

On 10 August 2017 at 21:14, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> On 08/10/2017 08:52 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:
>
>> So how to address this?  I guess that I should add such pom.xml file
>> to the existing imagej package.  I could do that with the debian-med
>> team but could someone give me any pointers?  Or should something else
>> be done instead?  There is a bunch of ImageJ plugins that use maven
>> and so would also be dependent on that pom file.
>
> Hi Carnë,
>
> As I understand the pom.xml file isn't in the upstream tarball right? In
> this case:
> 1. download the pom.xml file from Maven Central and put it in the
> debian/ directory
> 2. add maven-repo-helper to the build dependencies
> 3. in debian/rules, add "--with maven-repo-helper" behind "dh $@"
> 4. create the debian/libyourlibrary-java.poms files containing a single
> line with: debian/pom.xml --java-lib --artifact=path/to/the/jar/built
> 5. remove the install rule that placed the jar in /usr/share/java
>
> This will install the jar produced by the Ant build into /usr/share/java
> and install the Maven artifacts under /usr/share/maven-repo
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Hi

You understood it right.  The weird part is that the releases on Maven
Central are not made by the same people.

Thank you for the instructions.  I did all the steps 1-4 [1] and seems
to work already.  I also don't know how to do the step 5 or why it
would be necessary?  Am I missing an important point?

Carnë

[1] https://github.com/carandraug/debian-imagej/commit/6ef7c9836d22b