Re: The state of Maven

On 03/08/17 04:31, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
Hi all,

As you may have noticed I have updated many Maven related packages
recently, and I'd like to summarize quickly what I'm doing and where
we're heading.

Hi,

first of all thank you very much for updating this core build tool for Java.

Maven in testing/unstable is currently at the latest upstream release
(3.5.0). The most visible change since Maven 3.3.9 is the colored
console output which is really nice (except for the builder logs, they
are now cluttered with ANSI escape code and I don't know if there is a
way to avoid that). If time allows I'll try to backport this version to
Stretch.

I like the new color output but the ANSI escape code makes it difficult to copy&paste log information. I would be great if we could avoid it.

[...]

Thanks for explaining the most important changes. My question: What exactly can I/we do to help?

Once all of this is over I'd like to invest some time on
maven-debian-helper to better support multi module projects. I have 3
improvements in mind:

Sounds good to me.

Markus