Re: Packing a new Java package

Hi,

mh_make is not supposed to use the jar files in the subdirectories of
your project. If your project depends on additional jar files, those
need to be provided by other packages. A lot of them are already
packaged, but you need to install those, before running mh_make. If
there are unpackaged dependencies you need to package those first.

>From the mh_make man page
    To  have mh_make working properly, you need first to install on your
    system as many dependencies for your project as possible. Those
    dependencies should also contain the required Maven metadata
           (POM files and jars in the /usr/share/maven-repo repository)

Note, that some dependencies might be ok to be ignored (e.g. code
metrics).

To get more insight into packaging you should take a look at some
package which use maven-debian-helper. You can get a list by first
installing ubuntu-dev-tools and then running
	reverse-depends -b maven-debian-helper

Regards

Benjamin

--