Re: Packing a new Java package

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 10:07:03AM +0100, 128@gmx.us wrote:
> Hi,

Welcome,

> I want to learn how to pack software for Debian and help with their maintenance.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to package a Java software for Debian. Can someone
> help me with the steps? Links to guidelines or something?

At Debian Wiki is  https://wiki.debian.org/Java from there is it
one click to "Java packaging work in Debian"

> How different is the process for packing a Java software compared to
> other "make" based software?

I don't understand that question. My advise is to split the question into
smaller questions. Read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for
guidelines on smart questions.

> Below is the link to the ITP I submitted.

Which is about ELAN. From https://tla.mpi.nl/tools/tla-tools/elan/
ELAN is a professional tool for the creation of complex annotations on video and audio resources.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven