Re: Need help to update mhap package (build system changed from ant to maven)

On 07/10/2016 02:17 AM, Mykola Nikishov wrote:
> Afif Elghraoui <afif@debian.org> writes:

>> [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.8 or
>> one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Cannot access central
>> (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) in offline mode and the artifact
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:jar:2.8 has not been
>> downloaded from it before. -> [Help 1]
>
> Does Build-Depends: libmaven-dependency-plugin-java help?

Hello Afif, hi Mykola,

Mykola's suggestion of adding a build-dep on
libmaven-dependency-plugin-java gets the build one step closer, but also
uncovers the fact the 3 of the build-dependencies do not provide maven
artifacts.  Here's the (next) error message:

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project mhap: Could not resolve
dependencies for project mhap:mhap:jar:2.0: The following artifacts
could not be resolved: it.unimi.dsi:fastutil:jar:debian,
com.jaligner:jaligner:jar:debian, com.ssw:ssw:jar:debian: Cannot access
in-project (file:///build/mhap-2.0+dfsg/lib) in offline mode and the
artifact it.unimi.dsi:fastutil:jar:debian has not been downloaded from
it before. -> [Help 1]

The issue is that libssw-java, libfastutil-java, and jaligner fail to
install maven coordinates beneath /usr/share/maven-repo, and so the
dependency plugin cannot find the POM file (metadata) for the artifact.
There is more information about how this should/could be done with
maven-repo-helper [1].

Since libfastutil-java is a Java Team package, I will prepare an upload.
 I'll also take a look at providing patches for the two debian-med packages.

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenRepoHelper