Re: [Debian-med-packaging] Need help to update mhap package (build system changed from ant to maven)

Hello, Tony and all,

على الأحد 10 تـمـوز 2016 ‫10:16، كتب tony mancill:
> On 07/10/2016 02:17 AM, Mykola Nikishov wrote:
>> Afif Elghraoui <afif@debian.org> writes:
>>
>> Does Build-Depends: libmaven-dependency-plugin-java help?
>
> Hello Afif, hi Mykola,
>
> Mykola's suggestion of adding a build-dep on
> libmaven-dependency-plugin-java gets the build one step closer, but also
> uncovers the fact the 3 of the build-dependencies do not provide maven
> artifacts.  Here's the (next) error message:

[...]
> The issue is that libssw-java, libfastutil-java, and jaligner fail to
> install maven coordinates beneath /usr/share/maven-repo, and so the
> dependency plugin cannot find the POM file (metadata) for the artifact.
> There is more information about how this should/could be done with
> maven-repo-helper [1].
>
> Since libfastutil-java is a Java Team package, I will prepare an upload.
>  I'll also take a look at providing patches for the two debian-med packages.

Many, many thanks for all your help (and to Andreas for doing the Debian
Med uploads as well). It is building successfully now.

Just one more question: I'm also maintaining mhap in jessie-backports
and it sounds like there will be trouble to build it on jessie if the
maven artifacts are not present there. I can bring jaligner and
libssw-java to jessie-backports. Does it make sense to backport
libfastutil-java for this reason, or is there a workaround that can be
done from within the mhap package for the backport?

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي