Re: Need help to upgrade libnetlib-java package

Hi Markus,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 06:52:41PM +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Am 10.04.2016 um 09:14 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> >
> > Any other hint?  I admit I'm tempted to upload an older version to main
> > (from contrib) since this build issue is blocking the migration of a
> > chain of dependencies for to long now. :-(
>
> I should have been more verbose because I also tried a couple of other
> things.
>
> You removed the parent tag from all pom files with the --no-parent flag
> in libnetlib-java.poms. I don't think that is necessary because I got
> several errors like this one
>
> dependencies.dependency.version' for org.projectlombok:lombok:jar is missing
>
> So obviously some values values are not inherited from its parent.
> That's why I think only pom.xml in the root directory should have the
> --no-parent flag to ignore the parent pom which we "usually" don't need.
>
> Why did you add the generator module to pom.xml?

Probably I've got or misunderstood some hint her on this list.  If you
see anything in my Java packaging simply assume that it was an
uneducated guess. :-(

> I dropped the patch and
> ignored the generator and legacy module and I can build core and
> native_ref now.

Thanks.

> The problem is that some modules build-depend on other modules from the
> same package but libnetlib-java is not a build-dependency and the
> current version in contrib doesn't provide Maven artifacts either.
>
> No idea if you will need the generator and legacy modules later but I
> would investigate if it makes sense to ship Maven artifacts with the old
> package and build-depend on libnetlib-java or if you can avoid the
> dependency on
>
> <groupId>com.github.fommil.netlib</groupId>
> <artifactId>core</artifactId>
>
> somehow.

I'll try this.  It somehow boils down to my previous plan to start by
moving the old netlib from contrib to main.

Thanks a lot for your analysis and help

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de