Re: Need help to upgrade libnetlib-java package

Am 10.04.2016 um 09:14 schrieb Andreas Tille:

>> sorry I can't get it to work either. I don't understand the error
>> Non-resolvable parent POM for com.github.fommil.netlib:parent and
>> changing the version makes no difference.
>
> Any other hint?  I admit I'm tempted to upload an older version to main
> (from contrib) since this build issue is blocking the migration of a
> chain of dependencies for to long now. :-(

I should have been more verbose because I also tried a couple of other
things.

You removed the parent tag from all pom files with the --no-parent flag
in libnetlib-java.poms. I don't think that is necessary because I got
several errors like this one

dependencies.dependency.version' for org.projectlombok:lombok:jar is missing

So obviously some values values are not inherited from its parent.
That's why I think only pom.xml in the root directory should have the
--no-parent flag to ignore the parent pom which we "usually" don't need.

Why did you add the generator module to pom.xml? I dropped the patch and
ignored the generator and legacy module and I can build core and
native_ref now.

The problem is that some modules build-depend on other modules from the
same package but libnetlib-java is not a build-dependency and the
current version in contrib doesn't provide Maven artifacts either.

No idea if you will need the generator and legacy modules later but I
would investigate if it makes sense to ship Maven artifacts with the old
package and build-depend on libnetlib-java or if you can avoid the
dependency on

<groupId>com.github.fommil.netlib</groupId>
<artifactId>core</artifactId>

somehow.

Regards,

Markus