building android-studio

Hello.

Context of my question:
======================

i want to package android studio. In the android studio package request https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=747614 is intellij idea marked as blocking bug.
I consider
a) android-studio and intellij idea as quite independent, i.e. i think we don't need to package intellij idea first (but i'm at still unsure about it) and b) android-studio as more important, because for developing java are alternative IDE's available , but for developing android mostly none. But that's just an personal estimation.

actual question
===============

1) removing teamcity build dependency

jetbrains is building their idea with teamcity, their commercial continuous integration service. Because the build script from android-studio hasn't changed, i guess they do the same. Although jetbrains is allowing open source projects to use teamcity freely, the license is still non-free - which makes it unsuitable for debian. Therefore i want to remove it, but I don't know how i can systematically remove it. I'm not sure if its the "best" way to just try to remove all teamscript related scripts/tests.

2) fixing the current build

-------------------------------------
$ ant -f build.xml

[...]
~/android-studio/build/gant.xml:51: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument for @NotNull parameter 'module' of org/jetbrains/jps/model/java/impl/JpsJavaExtensionServiceImpl.getModuleExtension must not be null
[...]
http://paste.debian.net/410642/

Similar to 1) I'm stuck on how to debug/fix this problem in a methodical way. I mean, i know how to debug, but e.g. i don't know what module this method expects. I guess the gant file has failed to test - maybe the teamscript integration.

===> Do you have some tips, e.g. how to find out the code i can safely remove? In general, do you have tips which could help me for managing the gant/build scripts (as a package maintainer)? I'm not new to programming, but new to build such a massive project.

upstream: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/tools/idea/+/studio-master-dev

thanks!