Re: plans for eclipse luna in debian

Am 10.11.2015 um 13:29 schrieb Luca Vercelli:
> Dear Markus,
> I have compiled Tycho. At least, in its "bootstrap" form.
> I attach required scripts, and a new list of dependencies.
> (I know that using email attachments for this purpose is ugly, but I am
> not able using other tools yet.)

Hello Luca,

thanks for your work on Tycho. Could you send me the entire debian
directory please? I can create a Debian git repository for Tycho at
alioth, so that we can both work collaboratively on it. Learning to work
with Git pays off in the long run and you really need to know only a few
commands to become an efficient Git user. You can still use standard
tools like debuild for building packages or you might want to experiment
with git-buildpackage.

There are various guides for Git available on the internet. You can also
find quite a few at wiki.debian.org.

https://wiki.debian.org/UsingGit
https://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit
https://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS/git

If you send me the debian directory I will try to test everything at the
weekend and add improvements where necessary. Please also write a few
comments how to use the various bootstrap scripts and why they are
necessary.

Regards,

Markus