Re: Moving JTS 1.13 to unstable, h2database & elasticsearch need changes

Am 07.11.2015 um 16:46 schrieb Sebastiaan Couwenberg:
> JTS 1.13 has been available in experimental for some time now, and I'd
> like to move it to unstable soon. We have GEOS 3.5.0 in unstable for
> some time too, but JTS 1.13 it's a port of is not in unstable yet.
>
> Because the two libjts-java reverse dependencies are both maintained by
> the Java team, I'd like to coordinate the jts transition with the
> h2database & elasticsearch maintainers.
>
> The h2database won't need 04-jts-compatibility.patch any more, upstream
> already uses JTS 1.13 for its builds.
>
> Because jts (1.13+ds-1~exp1) now uses maven-debian-helper, elasticsearch
> doesn't need to install the jar manually any more.
>
> Patches for both are attached.
>
> If we can coordinate the transition on this list we can spare us two RC
> bugs when JTS 1.13 is uploaded to unstable.

Hi Bas,

thanks for the heads-up. I think elasticsearch isn't critical since it
won't be part of the next stable release anyway. [1] I can apply the
patch for h2database. Just go ahead with your upload.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2015/msg00290.html

Regards,

Markus