Re: packaging java applications: questions from a newbie

On 06/10/2015 10:15 PM, Guillaume Turri wrote:

> Actually I found what was wrong: it seemed to be an issue with case.
> When I change my debian/libaxmlrpc-java.poms like this
>
>     -pom.xml --usj-name=aXMLRPC
>     +pom.xml --usj-name=axmlrpc
>
> then it works just fine.

Ah, nice catch.  That makes sense, given that package names must be
lowercase [1], and Java Policy requires that the jar name match the
package name [2].

That's would be a good thing for us to warn about in the tool-chain.

Cheers,
tony

[1]
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Source