Re: Jessie release notes for the Java packages

Le 22/04/2015 22:26, Markus Koschany a écrit :

> Proposal:
>
> News from the Debian Java Team
>
> Jessie ships with 799 source packages (updated 442 [1], new +130 since
> Wheezy) which will be maintained by the Java Team. Noteable changes:
>  * OpenJDK 7 is the new supported default Java runtime.
>  * OpenJDK 8 will be available from jessie-backports.
>  * Tomcat 7 and Tomcat 8 are supported and Tomcat 6 was removed.
>  * New developer tools including VisualVM, the Dynamic Code Evolution
>    VM (openjdk-7-jre-dcevm), Gradle, eclipse-wtp-webtools and more.
>  * Inclusion of androidsdk-tools (link:
> https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/androidsdk-tools)
>  * Removal of JBoss.

Looks good to me, minus the mention of JBoss (it never worked and was
never used according to its popcon, so it's not worth mentioning).

I don't know if we can still change the release notes, but if it doesn't
work I think we could post a "Bits from the Java Team" message on
debian-devel-announce and give more news about the team (new members,
current packaging efforts, Java 8 transition, etc).

Emmanuel Bourg