Re: Proposal to do regular jenkins updates via jessie-updates

Le 09/04/2015 10:10, Ansgar Burchardt a écrit :

> Of course this only works as long as no new dependencies are pulled in,
> or at least stay at something managable.

Jenkins upgrades have been accompanied by new dependencies in the past,
the upstream developers often refactor the code and split some parts off
the core into separate modules. And the recent security update requires
a new library (script-security-plugin).

So if we were to support Jenkins through jessie-updates we have to be
prepared to accept new packages as well (and hope that our toolchain is
still able to build them in Jessie).

Emmanuel Bourg