Re: RFS: new upstream version (3.0.10) of jnr-posix

On 04/06/2015 09:39 PM, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
> Next on the list of Jruby dependencies is an updated version (3.0.10)
> of the jnr-posix library.  The current version in the archive is
> out-of-date (1.1.8) and requires libconstantine-java which conflicts
> with any package that requires libjnr-constants-java.  I’ve renamed
> this and converted the build system to maven-debian-helper.
>
> Included also is a rename of the source package (but retaining all
> history of the previous package) in order to be consistent with the
> growing library of jnr packages.
>
> I had meant to push this only to a new repo called jnr-posix, but
> accidentally also pushed to the existing repo, libjnr-posix-java.

Hi Tim,

git repos:

I renamed libjnr-posix-java.git -> libjnr-posix-java_LEGACY.git (since I
had pushed code there before I realized that you had pushed the updated
debian/watch to jnr-posix.git), but I think we can delete it.

So URLs match what appears in PTS/tracker and to ensure that we're all
working on the same repo, I have symlinked libjnr-posix-java.git ->
jnr-posix.git.  I think this can be temporary as well - until the new
package is accepted in experimental and is subsequently uploaded to
unstable.

package update:

I have pushed a few minor changes and believe that src:jnr-posix in and
of itself is ready for upload to experimental.

However, eclipse-pydev isn't building after swapping out
libconstantine-java for libjnr-constants-java, so it'll be a bit before
I upload.  Also, until the new jnr-ffi hits experimental, jnr-posix
won't build from experimental, so waiting a bit won't hurt.

Cheers,
tony