Re: help get more paid people working Java/Android packaging

Markus Koschany:
> On 25.03.2015 15:22, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> So there is a number of qualified students who are putting together
>> applications to work on Android Tools in Debian.  Debian needs more people to
>> be a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) co-mentor!
>
> Hello,
>
> I think this list is the right place for asking questions about Java
> related packaging work and in general you should just redirect all
> questions about this topic to debian-java. I can promise to review their
> packages as long as this process happens publicly on this list and
> others have a chance to chime in. However I would prefer that their
> (packaging) goals are well defined before they start working on this
> project.
>
> Regards,
>
> Markus

I wrote the project description more open-ended to give student applications
and potential co-mentors room to set the goals.  We will definitely be nailing
down the goals as part of the application process, which is open until late
April.  I think we have to choose the students and have the mentors lined up
by April 27th.  And of course, a big part of the GSoC program is mentoring
students in how to work within Debian, and that means having discussions in
the appropriate forum, like this one.

Does this mean you are interested in being a co-mentor?

I can say that an up-to-date gradle is one of my top priorities for this work.

.hc