Packaging with Maven 3

Hi,

I'm packaging jruby 1.7.x (and 9.0.0.0) and it build depends on
maven-compiler-plugin (>= 3.0), so I need to use Maven 3.

When I try to build jruby using Maven 3, it usually fails due to some
missing plugins releases in Debian, e.g.:

maven-antrun-plugin:1.3
maven-dependency-plugin:2.1

After searching in Maven source code I found those plugins hardcoded
in the super POM:

maven-model-builder/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/model/pom-4.0.0.xml

After patching this file in maven package I have a successful
build. So, I wanted to check if this is the correct way to handle
this. It is normal with maven2 but since I didn't see any patch for
maven, I just wanted to check with team.

If you are OK, I'll upload a fixed maven package to experimental.

Maybe it wasn't patched previously because there are very few packages
in the archive B-D on maven >= 3.0.

BTW, is there any example of a package building with Maven 3? I checked
the archive and I saw a few package B-D on it but all of them use
maven-debian-helper anyway, so they are actually using many of the
maven 2 helpers.

Miguel Landaeta, nomadium at debian.org
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at http://miguel.cc/key.