Re: Packaging with Maven 3

Hi Miguel,

Le 09/03/2015 01:10, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :

> After patching this file in maven package I have a successful
> build. So, I wanted to check if this is the correct way to handle
> this. It is normal with maven2 but since I didn't see any patch for
> maven, I just wanted to check with team.

Yes this is normal, the super pom has to be modified everytime a core
plugin is updated. And as we update the plugins for Maven 3 we'll have
to fork them and maintain an old version for Maven 2 and a new one for
Maven 3, just like you did with the compiler plugin.

> If you are OK, I'll upload a fixed maven package to experimental.

Go ahead!

> BTW, is there any example of a package building with Maven 3?

None that I am aware of.

Ideally we should switch maven-debian-helper to Maven 3 as soon as
possible after the end of the freeze, this will leaves us a full
development cycle to complete the transition to Maven 3. I don't
remember what was missing to complete the switch in maven-debian-helper
though.

Emmanuel Bourg