Re: Request for review: jackson-datatype-guava packaging

Hi Tim,

On 24.10.2014 04:09, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
[...]

> I managed to get all of this done, including the unit tests but ended up
> trashing my old repo and overwriting it with a new one.  I made a huge
> mess of the original sources and redid everything using the upstream
> tar.gz file you pointed to.
>
> If there are any checkouts they will need to be deleted and recreated from
> scratch.
>
> Hey that was actually fun, and I think I've figured out a lot about how
> Java packaging works now.

I just noticed a small typo in debian/copyright. Somehow the first word
"Format:" got reduced to "t:" and the whole file won't be recognized as
a machine-readable copyright file anymore.

I believe libjackson2-datatype-guava-java-doc.doc-base.api should be
renamed to libjackson2-datatype-guava-java-doc.doc-base because I don't
recall that such a file is processed by any helper script. I might be
wrong though.

You can also rename libjackson2-datatype-guava-java-doc.install to
libjackson2-datatype-guava-java-doc.javadoc since you build-depend on
javahelper. Javahelper will then automatically register the Java Api
documentation with doc-base for you and you could save one file.

I suggest to change the subject of this thread to RFS:
jackson-datatype-guava 2.4.2-1 [ITP] and ask for sponsorship, so that a
DD knows the package is ready and should be uploaded.

Regards,

Markus