Re: Request for review: jackson-datatype-guava packaging

Hi Tim,

On 01.10.2014 03:16, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I've put together my own packaging for the
> jackson-datatype-guava library, based mostly on the
> jackson-datavalue-yaml packaging which seemed pretty similar.  Could
> someone please give it a bit of a review?
>
> I couldn't get the unit tests to compile so left them out.  Help needed
> in that department I'm afraid.
>
> My efforts so far are at:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/tpot-guest/jackson-datatype-guava.git/

Here a some remarks from my side:

Lintian says:

I: jackson-datatype-guava source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

You can find a working watch file for another github project in one of
my packages, libjide-oss-java. I suggest you adapt this one for your
source package.

Currently it's not obvious from where you obtained the sources. With a
proper watch file everyone could just run uscan to retrieve them.

At the moment the sources don't match with

https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-datatype-guava/archive/jackson-datatype-guava-2.4.2.tar.gz

because it seems you merged the debian directory into the upstream
branch. Normally the debian directory is only applied on the master
branch if you follow the usual git-buildpackage scheme by running

git-import-orig »path-to-your-original-source-tarball«

I: libjackson2-datatype-guava-java:
extended-description-is-probably-too-short

Minor issue. The long description is rather short at the moment.

You can remove either the docs file or
libjackson2-datatype-guava-java.docs because both install the same file
to the documentation directory, so one of them is superfluous.

maven.cleanIgnoreRules and maven.publishedRules are empty and could be
removed.

I would shortly explain the purpose of replace-generate.sh in
README.source.

Optional: run »wrap-and-sort -sa« from the devscripts package for
improved readability of debian/control and other files under the debian
directory.

Perhaps you might want to consider to build the javadoc as well and ship
it with

libjackson2-datatype-guava-java-doc

I haven't checked the unit test issue yet but the rest looks good and
the package builds fine.

Cheers,

Markus