Re: plan to update libcomplete-clojure to 0.2.3

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
Le 18/07/2014 06:30, tony mancill a écrit :
> I'm adding Dave Beckett to the cc:, as he had put together packages for
> 2.10.3 and 2.10.4 back in April, and may have interest in the this
> effort.  Medhi had raised concerns about those packages needing network
> connectivity - I think maven was pulling in some new dependencies -  so,
> step 1 is to figure out how many missing dependencies there are.  (If
> 2.11 has many more new dependencies than 2.10, then maybe we aim for 2.10.)

scala doesn't build with Java 8, and I believe this improved with the
version 2.11. So if we can aim higher this will help with the transition.

I had a quick browse on the pkg-scala Debian mailing list and it appears the dependencies for 2.11 are fewer than for 2.10 [0]. So aiming for that should help all round. There have been a few people attempting it so it might be worth inviting them to Debian Java so that the work can be co-ordinated.

[0] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-scala-maint/2014-May/000990.html