Re: How to start if upstream source contains pom.xml

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > dpkg --search /usr/share/java/commons-fileupload.jar
> dpkg failed to execute successfully
> > apt-file search /usr/share/java/commons-fileupload.jar
> Found libcommons-fileupload-java

IIUC, this is the point where you should back out,
apt-get install libcommons-fileupload-java, and retry.

> [error] Package libcommons-fileupload-java does not contain Maven dependency commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:jar:1.2.2 but there seem to be a match
> If the package contains already Maven artifacts but the names don't match, try to enter a substitution rule
> of the form s/groupId/newGroupId/ s/artifactId/newArtifactId/ jar s/version/newVersion/ here:
>

> What would be the correct answer at this point of the process.

IIUC, this would be:

* * jar s/1\..*/1.x/

Or:

* * jar s/.*/debian/

This depends on what libcommons-fileupload-java provides.
AIUI, installing libcommons-fileupload-java makes mh_make
figure this out by itself?

I’m not yet this far myself, though (currently working on
something else).

> Just some backround information:  I'll hold a packaging workshop at
> 21.+22.7. and the participants have choosen this package as their final
> target.  So I could do some demonstration perhaps on the preconditions.

Oh, welcome to the club ;-) Similar here…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent solutions GmbH